Windows Module Installer Worker occupies CPU more than 50%,so that CPU usage reach 100% at all the time if the CPU speed is too low.
In this case, you can solve the problem by changing windows update into manual mode.
How to do it:
- Open services.msc (In Windows 8, WindowsKey+R and enter services.msc)
- Search “Windows module installer“.
- Double click the “Windows module installer”, and make it manual. It is usually set Automatic.
- Search “Windows update“.
- Double click the “Windows update”, and make it manual.
- Open Control panel (click the right button of your mouse at the lower left of you display monitor or LCD, e.g., at the Windows logo. and then you can see control panel menu)
- Click “Windows update“
- In left you can see “Change settings“
- Change the setting into “Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them“. It is usually set automatic.
Also, cleaning up your disk may help to reduce CPU usage by windows module installer worker.